Baked Ziti Pasta
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 55 MinTotal time: 1 H & 4 M
- 1 pound of Bentilia's Zimmunity pasta.
- Coconut Oil
- 1 pound bulk of Shitake mushroom or favorite meat substitute
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large jar of marinara sauce (about 32 ounces) or make your own tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound of mozzarella cheese, grated or shredded or vegan option
- 1 heaping cup of ricotta cheese or vegan option (usually cashew).
- Cook the pasta: Heat a large pot of salted water (for every 2 quarts of water, one tablespoon of salt) to a strong boil. Add the pasta and cook at a rolling boil, uncovered, until the pasta is al dente—edible but still a little firm to the bite. (Instructions on box)
- Drain the pasta through a colander and rinse with cold water, so it doesn't stick. Toss with a little coconut oil (if desired)
- Sautee the mushrooms: While the water is heating in the previous step, start on the sauce. Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the cut up mushrooms and stir until brown.
- Sprinkle salt on the mushrooms while on the pan.
- Make the sauce: When the mushrooms are mostly browned, add the onions and stir well to combine. Sauté everything until the onions are translucent and beginning to brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, rosemary or basil, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Cook 1 minute, then add the tomato sauce and stir well. Bring to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper, and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Layer in casserole dish: Spread a thin layer of the sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole pan, then dot the surface with half the ricotta cheese. Ladle a spoonful of sauce into the pasta, stir it well and then add the pasta into the casserole.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the pasta, dot the remaining ricotta cheese over the pasta, and sprinkle on top mozarella or your favorite vegan cheese.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @noodleworship on instagram and hashtag it #ICantBelieveItsNotGluten
Created using The Recipes Generator