Prep time: 25 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 45 Min
Vegan Jerk Pasta
- 2 lbs of jackfruit. Peeled and shredded or cut into 1" cubes.
- 3/4 cup of Curry Tabanca Jerk Base
- 1 cup of baby bellas
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple
- 4 mature sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/2 of 1 red, green and yellow bell pepper.
- 1 small shallot
- 8oz of Bentilia Zimmunity pasta
- 3 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil (optional)
- Salt and five spice to taste
- In a pasta pot begin to bring 3 cups of water to boil.
- Add a dash of pink salt.
- While water is getting to temperature, grab your halved bell peppers and cut them into large julienne
- Clean bellas by wiping them well with a clean damp cloth or paper towel. Sometimes I use a splash of white vinegar on the wipe to cut any debris.
- Julienne your shallot and crush or zest garlic
- Sauté shallots and garlic in coconut oil on medium heat for 2 minutes
- Gradually add in the peppers and allow them to soften before adding the mushrooms.
- Toss in jackfruit and allow veggies and seasonings to cook for another 4- 6 mins
- Add your pasta to the boiling water
- In a blender add your choice of tropical fruit and or 3-4 oz of coconut cream
- Now you have some more options. You can bring your sauce to simmer in a small pot and pour over your finished dish or you can gradually add your sauce to the veggies now and allow them to take more of the flavor. Add as much or as little as you prefer.
- Check you pasta for softness
- Drain and set aside when ready.
- Grab your favorite bowl, laying out your pasta then veggies and garnish with thyme!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Currytabancalv on instagram and hashtag it #ICantBelieveItsNotGluten
Created using The Recipes Generator